Thursday 26 September 2013

The First Three Chapters...

I am offering an assessment and advice service to writers for the first three chapters of their work. As any writer knows, the first three chapters need to make a big impact and grab the attention of publishers or agents if the work is to stand a chance. Over the last few years I have been helping people privately, but now have decided to open my advice to any writer who feels they might need a bit of help. I am a published writer and also have been a teacher for seventeen years. There will be a small charge. If you are interested, drop me an email  -  mandykjames@hotmail.co.uk and we'll go from there.

3 comments:

  1. It's very difficult to read one's work with objective eyes - we always read what we think is there, not what is actually there.

    Also, we know so much about the characters we've created that we assume unwittingly that the reader will know as much about them as we do. The reader won't, unless we've told them. A pair of independent eyes is well worth having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Mandy - I know it's something I'd have welcomed. Still would probably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz and Isabella! And as Liz so eloquently points out, published writers still need a 'new eye' to help them. No matter how experienced a writer is, things can be missed :)

    ReplyDelete